Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I can not receive or send multi media stuff, such as pictures…

Customer Question
I can not receive...
I can not receive or send multi media stuff, such as pictures and multi texts. I've had my new ZTE straight talk phone for at least 2 months and I've tried absolutely everything from going into the system settings to going to the AT&T store to calling straight talk customer service, and was put on hold with no help several times. If I could please get some help with issue as soon as possible I would GREATLY appreciate it.
Thank you so much
Cynthia
Just in case you did not receive my email address it is,***@******.***
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Smartphones
6/3/2015
Technician: Randy, Customer Service replied 2 years ago
Randy
Randy, Customer Service
My name is Randy.
I will assist you.
Have you tried these settings?
From any Home screen, tap the All apps icon.
Tap Settings.
Tap Mobile networks.
Tap Access Point Names.
FIELD SETTINGS
NAME straight talk
APN tfdata
PORT 80
MMSC http://mms-tf.net
MMS PROXY mms3.tracfone.com
MMS PORT 80
Hi Randy, After going to Mobile network settings, it does not say anything else for which you suggested. But under my Mobile network settings are: Data enabled, Data roaming, Always on mobile data, and system select. With those 4 what would i check next to do?
okay, follow this link and enter your phone number and also select the ZTE phone from the dropdown menu.https://www.straighttalk.com/wps/portal/home/support/apn
So what would I do next if I do not belong to the Bring your own phone thing? Because I really need my MMS settings fixed now. I'm getting very agitated about it and don't know what to do and I've tried everything that I know to do! It's really not making any sense that nothing is working or that I can't get any help!
Try this next please>Tap the Menu key
Tap Settings
In the Wireless & networks section, tap More...
Tap Mobile Networks
Tap Access Point Names
Tap the Menu key
Tap New APN
Fill the Edit access point section with the Internet and MMS settings
Randy
Randy
Randy, Customer Service