Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

My IPhone Apple 4S 16GB black has been muted. How do I unmute…

Customer Question
My IPhone Apple 4S 16GB...
My IPhone Apple 4S 16GB black has been muted. How do I unmute it? Please _ Thank You. Carole
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Smartphones
5/26/2015
Technician: Richard, Smartphone Specialist replied 3 years ago
Richard, Smartphone Specialist
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
To unmute the phone Carole, on the side of the iPhone is a small switch
If its muted is should be showing orange, slide it to the opposite direction and it will then umute it.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen or smiley faces, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
thank you. The phone is now ringing.
Perfect, just note that as the mute switch for if this ever happens again to you.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Thank you
the alert sound doesn't ring to let me know there is a message. How do I fix that?
Make sure it is set to on under Settings, Notifications as it needs to be switched on for the individual areas of the phone.
The alert sound has been stored. What items do I have to have on in Notification? Thanks
Any you wish to have, it is up to you to choose which notifications you wish to use.
I have it under Notification Sound and I have stored it. It is still not working
Ok, Can you please hold the power and home button on the iPhone for about 10 seconds until the apple logo appears, then release the buttons.
Let the iPhone restart and then test the notification.
Let me know the results please
Thank you
No that never worked. Where you see how much the battery is charged there is circle with a lock in it? There is another - I think that's for Bluetooth or something. I had the manual but I cannot find it. Last Friday the HairDresser set the phone so I could talk a message - it that any help
ok.. go to Settings, General, Bluetooth and turn it off.
Is it then making the notification?
I trying it now. I have turned Bluetooth off. I heard my message but still no alert sound
Ok, trying to see what the hard dresser did.
Press Home.
Tap Settings. Then double-tap Settings.
Tap General. Then double-tap General.
Use three fingers on the screen to scroll to Accessibility.
Tap Accessibility. Then double-tap Accessibility.
Tap VoiceOver. Then double-tap VoiceOver.
Tap "On" next to VoiceOver. Then double-tap "On" to turn it off.
Then test when its off.
Let me know the results please
It is ringing now - no alert sound Notifications Voiceover it turn on and it is asking me 'VoiceOver - do I want to change it
You need to turn it off, so voiceover is off please.
turned it off - it's a white sign next to voice over. now what
now test if you get a notification sound please
No - Speak hints is -green. Use Pitch change is green use sound effect is white
I have turned the Used Sound Effects to green the signs are now all green
Sorry I am a little confused by your last message.
What I need is for Voiceover to be turned off.
So
Launch the Settings app from the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
Tap on General.
Tap on Accessibility.
Under Vision at the very top, tap on VoiceOver.
Turn Off VoiceOver by tapping on the On/Off toggle.
Is it Off?
Yes VoiceOver is white. That means it is turned off
ok, I think its best to reset all settings as I am not sure whats been done on the phone.
Go to Settings, General, Reset, Reset all Settings.
Once this has completed, test and check if the notifications alert now works please
I am trying to get into Settings. It is asking for a passcode and I don't have one
How did you get into settings before to do my instructions?
Yes
yes?
Sorry my question was How did you get into settings before to do my instructions?
I went into settings and pushed general - asked to re-set and that's when I was asked for a code
ok, one was set at one time
Can you try 1234 or 0000
Does it accept this?
I just was asked for passcode settings and I entered my code. Let's try again
ok, it accepted the code?
I forget what I have to do now - sorry I have M.S.
thats ok
Did the iPhone accept your code?
Are you able to go to Settings, General, Reset, Reset all settings?
I REMEMBER - I DID WHAT YOU SAID AND NOW I HAVE APPLE ON THE SCREEN
ok, wait till its gone and check if you still have the problem.
Let me know the results please
I HAVE DONE ALL THAT AND I AM KNOW GOING TO RING MY PHONE AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS. I THINK WE WILL HAVE TO RE-SET ALL ALERTS. MY MESSAGE IS STILL THERE.
ok, Let me know the results please
I HAVE MY RING TONE BACK (WHICH WE HAD BEFORE) I JUST HAVE TO RESET THE ALERT TONE. IT IS RINGING WITH MY RINGING TONE - STILL NO TEXT TONE AND IT HAS BEEN STORED
YOU HAVE BEEN GREAT - I THANK YOU. ***** BECAUSE I HAVE TO DO MY VOLUNTARY WORK EARLY TOMORROW. I WILL SEE HOW THE PHONE GOES TOMORROW. IF IT DOESN'T WORK - I WILL RING YOU AGAIN TOMORROW NIGHT. THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP. CAROLE
No problem Carole
I have marked the question to never close so if you still have the problem tomorrow, let me know here please.
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Thank you