Smartphones

Smartphone Questions? Ask A Smartphone Technician for Answers

Smartphones

my iphone 5s wont turn on, it stopped when I was talking to

someone earlier, ive held down...
my iphone 5s wont turn on, it stopped when I was talking to someone earlier, ive held down home button and on/off button and still nothing
2/4/2014
Randy
Randy, Customer Service

Hi Maurice,
My name isXXXXX will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue with your iPhone.
Try this please> hold the power button for 20 seconds. Then release the power button. Wait about 5 seconds then hold the home button and power button down at the same time for 30 seconds or until you see the Apple Logo.
Please let me know if this does not work and we will continue troubleshooting this issue.

Randy
Randy, Customer Service

it still isn't turning on

okay, sorry about that.This could be a glitch in the software. Lets try this next>
  • Connect the USB cable to the iPhone, but leave the other end of the cable disconnected from your computer's USB port.
  • While pressing and holding the Home button, connect the USB cable to the computer. The device should turn on.
  • Continue holding the Home button until you see the "Connect to iTunes" screen.
  • When this screen appears you can release the Home button:
  • Then use iTunes to restore the iPhone.
Randy
Randy
Randy, Customer Service