Smartphones

Smartphone Questions? Ask A Smartphone Technician for Answers

Smartphones

how do I tell if this iPhone was on at&t or verizon or sprint

Customer Question
how do i tell if...
how do i tell if this iphone was on att or verizon or sprint iphone 4
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Smartphones
5/3/2012
Technician: Randy, Customer Service replied 5 years ago
Randy
Randy, Customer Service
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.
On your iPhone...
Tap Settings > General > About. Your carrier will be listed beside NETWORK.
.
.
If you have any further questions, please let me know... If I have helped you today Please press the Accept Button(or the Smiley Face if prompted )SmileAnd then click Submit.Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!

there is no info saying what carrier it was hooked upto.

so should i unlock the phone and do what they call a jail break on it

Is there anything listed on that same screen beside carrier?

it just says network and general it does not say any thing about the carrier info.

but it does not have a sims card in it or a place to put 1 so who chould i hook it up with.

Okay, VERIZON does not use Sim cards. You can use AT&T or Sprint or TMOBILE. The iPhone is a GSM phone.
this iphone 4 odes not have any place to put a sim card in it it is cdma only but i do not no if it is locked 2 a carrier how do i know if it is locked to some carrier
You will have to use Verizon or a CDMA carrier.
Randy
Randy, Customer Service
I hope everything is still going well, let me know if I can be of any assistance

I will be glad to answer any follow up questions you may have.
It has been a pleasure to work with you. Thank you very much !
Randy
Randy
Randy, Customer Service