Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I cannot get my computer Windows 7 Proffesional to recognise…

Customer Question
I cannot get my computer...
I cannot get my computer Windows 7 Proffesional to recognise my Samsung (P7300)8.9
tablet.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Smartphones
2/22/2012
Technician: diamond1111111,
 replied 6 years ago
diamond1111111

Diamond PC :

Hi! I'm Dave

Diamond PC :

I will try to assist you

JACUSTOMER-0zcqh5pc- :

OK

Diamond PC :

what is your objective?

JACUSTOMER-0zcqh5pc- :

To move data such as files from my computer to my tablet .

Diamond PC :

this is a Samsung Galaxy Tab?

JACUSTOMER-0zcqh5pc- :

Yes 8.9 also known as P7300

Diamond PC :

did you plug it into the pc and click the mount option?

Diamond PC :

this will allow you to see the device as a "drive"

JACUSTOMER-0zcqh5pc- :

Do not understand mount option. Tablet comes up on my printer and scanner list as unrecognised device

Diamond PC :

look on the tablet

Diamond PC :

when you plug it in what does it say?

Diamond PC :

usb to the PC

JACUSTOMER-0zcqh5pc- :

It only shows a small icon on the bottom that looks like a cactus symbol

Diamond PC :

double click that

JACUSTOMER-0zcqh5pc- :

When I click on the symbol is shows usb connected

Diamond PC :

i see

JACUSTOMER-0zcqh5pc- :

Computer still shows it as an unrecognised device

Diamond PC :

Samsung devices will show 3 options for connections

Diamond PC :

my Galaxy S phone shows

Diamond PC :

Kies

Diamond PC :

Media Player

Diamond PC :

and Mass Storage

Diamond PC :

I choose Mass Storage to transfer files

Diamond PC :

I also use Dropbox to transfer files over the Internet

Diamond PC :

http://www.dropbox.com

Diamond PC :

Dropbox syncs files on all your devices

Diamond PC :

are you getting an erro with Kies?

Diamond PC :

error

JACUSTOMER-0zcqh5pc- :

Until I can get the computer to recognise the Samsung Tablet I can not proceed it seems to be particularly related to Windows 7 professional a friend on a different system loaded books on to this same tablet and had no problem withomputer recognition. The Kies program loaded OK and no error messages came up.

Diamond PC :

try plugging the tablet into a different USB port

Diamond PC :

what is the brand and model of PC?

JACUSTOMER-0zcqh5pc- :

Changed USB port computer installed new driver Device is now coming up as Unspecified UPS USB MON VI.4 how now do I get the interface ?

JACUSTOMER-0zcqh5pc- :

Intel(R) Core TMi5 CPU 750 @2.67Ghz 2.66Ghz Ram 4.)GB

Diamond PC :

is the right version of Kies installed?

Diamond PC :

looks like Kies is necessary to enable the communication

Diamond PC :

I think you may need the driver for W7 let me see if I can find it for you

Diamond PC :

For USB Mass storage to work, turn off USB Debugging. Took me a while to figure out this one.

Diamond PC :

USB debugging is under applications and development

Diamond PC :

Kies is not necessary for the file transferring you are trying to do

JACUSTOMER-0zcqh5pc- :

Still Unresolved.

Diamond PC :

did you turn off usb debugging on the tablet?

Diamond PC :

So if you plug this tablet into another PC are you able to transfer files?

Diamond PC :

Hi did you have any luck? If it works, in another PC then we have a Windows 7 issue and we look at it from that perspective

diamond1111111
diamond1111111
diamond1111111