Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My 40 volt battery will not work with my blower, weedeater,

Customer Question
My 40 volt battery...

My 40 volt battery will not work with my blower, weedeater, or hedge trimmer.

Mechanic's Assistant: When did you last clean or perform maintenance on your WeedEater hedge trimmer? How old is it?

It is about 2 years old and the battery is charged.

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your WeedEater hedge trimmer? What have you tried so far?

About a week

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Engine Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

No it just does not work

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Small Engine
4/25/2022
Technician: John Electrical,
 replied 5 months ago
John Electrical
Hello my name is ***** ***** JustAnswer and I will be happy to answer your question.

I understand that your 40V battery is not working in any of your cordless tools, Is that correct?

it looks charged but does not work.I cannot talk now, I will try later
Technician: John Electrical,
 replied 5 months ago
No worries.  I will give some ideas for you to try later and you can get back with me later today.

There are only a few ways to troubleshoot this issue.  If your battery is showing fully charged but not working in the tool then clean the terminals on the battery and the tool.  If it is still not working then I would recommend a replacement (or spare) battery confirm that your charger or tools are not defective.  The problem sounds most likely to be caused by a defective battery cell.

Talk to you later,

Technician: John Electrical,
 replied 5 months ago

My goal is to provide you with excellent service.

Technician: John Electrical,
 replied 5 months ago

Simply reply back if you require additional information and I will be happy to help with any follow up questions. Thank you and I wish you the best with your repairs.

Technician: John Electrical,
 replied 5 months ago

Thank you for using JustAnswer,