Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a 14kw generac generator, it was red light and showed…

Customer Question
I have a 14kw...

I have a 14kw generac generator, it was red light and showed “under voltage “ stasis.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you know the model of your Generac generator? How old is it?

I don’t for sure but around 08

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Generac generator? What have you tried so far?

I have cleared the status and it has restarted. I just was wondering what the undervoltage mint? Do you have anything to do with the battery or could’ve had a voltage issue from the grid? The issue just came up about three weeks ago and I haven’t done anything with it till today.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Engine Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

The issue just came up about three weeks ago and I haven’t done anything with it till today.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
Nothing else
I got no answer for this app
2/9/2022
Technician: ArielM1124,
 replied 7 months ago
ArielM1124
Hi My name is***** very sorry you were having this issue..i can kindly assist you with this. Under voltage means the generator was running and produces low AC voltage. Wasn't generating the proper voltage to supply your house. It's not related to the grip or the battery voltage.

After you cleared it did you run it again to make sure it ran fine?

it started on manual. I didn't actually check to see if the voltage that it was putting out was efficient enough. To my knowledge there hasn't been a Power outage in the last month or so. I know it's been running weekly but when I went to check it had the red light on so I know it hasn't been functioning. It is now on a green light and ready to operate but not sure if the voltages output is correct
Technician: ArielM1124,
 replied 7 months ago
Run it when you get a chance . Let it run for 10-15min. If it doesn't shut off again on under voltage you should be fine. A lot of times especially in the cold months the slip rings can make good contact cause of frost.
Ok I will do that
Thank you