Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Brand new 40v pole hedge trimmer from Home Depot. Already…

Customer Question
Brand new 40v pole...

Brand new 40v pole hedge trimmer from Home Depot. Already have the 40v battery from the mower. Inserted battery into pole trimmer and nothing.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your hedge trimmer? How old is it?

Ryobi RY40603. Bought it today.

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Ryobi hedge trimmer? What have you tried so far?

Today. It’s brand new.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Battery model # is OP40501

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Small Engine
3/13/2021
Technician: Greg4734, Small Engine Technician replied 1 year ago
Greg4734
Greg4734, Small Engine Technician

Greetings: My name is***** have over 25 years experience in the Small Engine and Power Equipment service industry. I currently own and operate a dealership for many brands including warranty service for Briggs & Stratton, Kohler, Honda and many others.

Sorry you are experiencing problems with your Ryobi trimmer from Home Depot.

There is not a lot you can do with these price point mass retail sold units, if it is brand new and does not work the only thing I would recommend is to verify your battery works in your current tools and return the trimmer for a replacement.

Due to the nature of the price and the shear volume of usits built companies like Ryobi and others who sell at mass retailers only do not do much for service or repair, there are generally NO parts available and they will just replace the tool if its under warranty.

I hope this has helped, if you get resistance from Home depot then your other option is to call Ryobi direct, their 800 phone number will be in your owner's manual and they will most likely ship you out a replacement at no charge.

Sorry about your frustration, I hope you have better luck with the replacement.

Regards,

Greg