Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

The indicator LED on my Generac 29Kw Guardian is illuminated…

The indicator LED on my...
The indicator LED on my Generac 29Kw Guardian is illuminated both green and yellow in constant mode. Generator is on standby and ran 34 continuous hours last weekend. It had been constant green until tonight. Annual maintenance was performed 1 year ago and technician scheduled for this coming Friday morning. Will the generator automatically start in event of power outage?
2/18/2021
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 1 year ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I would like to assist you with this.

The green light simply means that the unit is in AUTO and is ready to run.

The yellow light simply means that service is required, for whichever service is timed out.

The genset will start and run in both MANUAL and AUTO just fine with the yellow light on.

It is only when the red light is on that the genset will not run. A red light means that a fault has shut the unit down and needs to be fixed.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks. That's what I thought, but wanted to be sure. My wife is on Oxygen 24/7 and a major ice storm is forecast to start tonight, so the generator is a necessity for us. Ironically, I've scheduled it for annual maint. with the dealer for this Friday AM.

Good luck getting anyone out there then.

Just be sure to check the oil level to make sure it has plenty of oil.

Hank F.
Hank F., Technician