Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Need to trouble shoot electrical start problems on riding…

need to trouble shoot electrical...
need to trouble shoot electrical start problems on riding lawnmower .. XT1 Enduro cub cadet. manufactured in 2017
1/28/2021
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 1 year ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

What is happening when you try and start machine?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's 8:31 pm. I just found your note. I need a trouble shooting guide with detailed instruction for electrical problem in starting my cub cadet (2017) Enduro xt1 series riding lawn mower.

It really depends on what the machine is doing when you try and start it, does it have spark at the spark plug? Electrical issues can be caused by many things as there are many electrical safety switches that can cause a machine not to start. First thing to do it check to make sure the spark plug(s) have spark. If not, you will need to test the safety switches for continuity

JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I need you to guide me through the trouble shooting process. At first I changed the plugs and air filter. Got plenty of gas feeding the carb. The starter turned intermittently but no start. Checked the fuse. charged the battery. Now it won't even click the solenoid. Now what do I do to troubleshoot this problem?I am already a member in good standing with monthly fees already paid. now I need to get my money's worth.Get me logged in without having to do this all over again..
I've done it dozens of times already.
Technician: Greg4734, Owner / Lead Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Greg4734
Greg4734, Owner / Lead Mechanic
Phone call session started

If battery is good, but solenoid is not clicking, jump the solenoid and see if the engine will start or turn over. Make sure brake is locked and key is in the ON position when you jump the solenoid