Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Will not turn over, no clicking or anything. AGS2130 13horse…

Will not turn over...

Will not turn over, no clicking or anything

Mechanic's Assistant: What specific tool or machine does this involve?

AGS2130 13horse Kohleer

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kohler? What have you tried so far?

Just started, replaced selenoid and still nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Machine has never been kept outside, always was well maintained new battery

9/24/2020
Technician: RandelB98, Small Engine Technician replied 2 years ago
RandelB98
RandelB98, Small Engine Technician

I would check for the primary power fuse and see if its blown. Should be a 20-30 amp fuse. If this is ok i would check for a safety switch problem. A safety switch can keep starter from engaging. The nest probable cause could be a faulty ignition switch as the starting circuit runs through the this switch. Give this a shot and let me know how it goes.

The fuse is ok, replaced it anyway bypassed the seat switch and still nothingMachine ran soo good, hate to spend money on it just to sell itIs there a way to check the switch?

There is also safety switches on the brake petal, and PTO switch/ lever. The solenoid you replaced, how many small post does it have?

Just one 2 large

Ok, the quickest way to see if there is a problem in the circuit is to check that wire on the small post of the solenoid while in the start position. Turn the key to the start position and hold it while checking for voltage at that wire. If voltage is there, the problem is solenoid, battery, or starter or any cables in between. If there is no voltage, there is a switch not working. If there is voltage but its low there is a bad connections somewhere

Thank you will check

Most likely, if voltage is low that’s typically a key switch problem

Stupid question, idoes the solenoid Supposed to move the lever in starter I pulled selenium and hooked it up and nothing happens
The solenoid puts voltage to the starter which engages the armature and makes it spin
RandelB98
RandelB98, Small Engine Technician