Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

How to reprogram smartswitch safety system on lawn tractor.

Customer Question
How to reprogram smartswitch...

How to reprogram smartswitch safety system on lawn tractor

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just happened yesterday. I was cutting grass and stopped for glass of ice water and somehow got "locked" out from being able to start mower. keep getting blue flashing light

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Purchased fron

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Purchased from Sears in 2014.. garden tractor model 917.20403 electric start automatic 24hp 54 mower

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I know of. running fine one minute, stopped engine for 5 min and wouldn't start after that. I keep getting a flashing blue light on the safety system

Submitted: 12 days ago.Category: Small Engine
Customer reply replied 12 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 12 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/6/2018
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 12 days ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes