Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My z445 deere fh721v with a Nikki 15000 carburator has a…

Customer Question
My z445 john deere...

My z445 john deere fh721v with a Nikki 15000 carburator has a flooding issue. I have replaced fuel pump, float valve, and the needle valve. The minute you connect the fuel line to the carb it instantly floods out.

Mechanic's Assistant: When did you last fill the tank? And do you smell gasoline around the engine?

Just recently. No gas around engine, only place you have gas is running out of the carb.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

It is a 2010 lawn tractor by john deere.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I replaced fuel pump, needle valve, float valve and gaskets.

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Small Engine
6/5/2018
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

The only thing that controls the fuel into the carburetor is the needle valve and float. Did you check it by blowing into the inlet before you re-installed the carburetor? Needle valve and float may be installed wrong or is not moving.