Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Generac np52g genset in an rv. Ran rough but was sucking air…

Customer Question
Generac np52g genset in an...
Generac np52g genset in an rv. Ran rough but was sucking air at intake and crack in fuel lines . Runs perfect for 2 min and then dies starts up immediately. No power to fuel pump after start . Jumper pwr to pump and runs fine but no ac power . What next
Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Small Engine
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Looking for tech who's name is*****
6/1/2018
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 22 days ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, thank you for requesting me!

I am going to be upfront with you. I am on my way out of town for the weekend. I will be going to the lake.

I take my computer with me, but cell service is spotty where we go - sometimes I can get a signal, and sometimes I can't. When I can, the signal is normally best at night, so I may not be able to reply as soon as you'd like.

If this will be a problem, just let me know, and I will opt out of the question.

Otherwise, I have uploaded a series of tests you need to do.

Click here to download the tests.

Do test #4 - Fixed Excitation/Rotor Amp Draw.

Disregard the result chart on this test. This test is actually written for a different model of generator, but is a much more comprehensive test than the one written for your unit.

The steps are the same, but the results will be different.

Let me know all the results.

Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 18 days ago

Did you do these tests?