Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Own a Generac 16 kw, purchased in 2015. I check oil often.

Customer Question
Own a Generac 16...

Own a Generac 16 kw, purchased in 2015. I check oil often. Twice in past six months I have found oil to appear ”milky”. I change oil and filter,flush engine with new oil until it flows out clean. Then refill crankcase . Several months later oil again appears milky. I repeat process.Hope you have some helpful advise. Thanks, *****: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?

Age of engine unknown,First two years no problems. Jan. 2018 first time.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Two engine oil changes in 6 months.I would like Generac approved repairmen to diagnose problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nothing

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/1/2018
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 2 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

What are the model number and serial number of the genset?

Did you get the numbers yet?