Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I opened the motor control assembly on my Earthwise 60420…

Customer Question
I opened the motor...

I opened the motor control assembly on my Earthwise 60420 Lithium-ion rechargeable battery powered 20" lawnmower because the started button would not depress, and I could not start the mower. When I removed the last retaining screw, a part dropped out, 2 pieces of metal connected by a spring....I need to know how and where to put the part back in, and I need to know what exactly to do in order to get the mower working again.....so I was trying to look up a schematic to show me how to put the part back in and how to get the starter button to work. Do you have a schematic you can direct me to or can send me?

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

A day

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes....I broke it, I want to fix it....

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I think I created the problem myself by bumping the wire out of place when I was carrying the mower thru some tight spaces....that is, the wire which the started button affects when the button is pushed and the handle is pulled back,startig the motor....

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Small Engine
6/1/2018
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Page # 18 and 19 in the attached manual shows the parts breakdown, do you see the parts you describe?

I see the question is still open.??