Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have the 1050 model with the 23hp Koehler engine - I have…

Customer Question
Hello, I have the...

Hello, I have the 1050 model with the 23hp Koehler engine - I have replaced the battery, solenoid, had the starter checked out by a dealer, checked out fine, but when I turn the ignition key, it just clicks, does not turn over the engine. Is there maybe a safety that is preventing the engine from starting?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes, but the starter is not turning over the engine, like I don't have my foot on the brake

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes - I have no way to haul it to a shop.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I am wondering if there is maybe one of the safeties cold be defective, preventing the solenoid to turn the starter.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Small Engine
5/31/2018
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

What is clicking? Can you turn the engine by hand using a wrench on the flywheel nut?

The solenoid is clicking [like the battery is down, but it is new - 340cc amps, which applies to that model] This is a Cub Cadet model LT1050
If it helps, it is a 2007 model

Can you turn the engine by hand using a wrench on the flywheel nut?