Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My 5500 Onan generator seems to be running hot... It has a…

Customer Question
My 5500 Onan generator...

My 5500 Onan generator seems to be running hot... It has a full oil tank, was running fine this morning,,, but now when I started it up again, it only ran for less than a minute, then shut off. The generator light inside my 5th wheel is blinking red

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes it is clean, I keep sea foam in my tank, I have been dry camping for several days,,, and this is the first time I have had.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I am in a very isolated part of New Mexico. So I am trying to do some initial trouble shooting before I go further

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just wondering what the blinking light was,,, now it has gone of f

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Small Engine
5/31/2018
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 2 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

What is the full model number of the genset?