Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a 721d grasshopper it will start and run for about a…

Customer Question
I have a 721d grasshopper...
I have a 721d grasshopper it will start and run for about a second then dies I can hold the fuel shutoff solonoid in the on position and it will stay running but as soon as I let go it dies immediately
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Small Engine
5/30/2018
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Fuel solenoid as to get 12 volts from the key switch as soon as the key is turned on. Do you have voltage to it? You can remove it, cut the working tip off that plugs the main jet and re-install it as a dummy. You do not need it.

The deck won’t engage either when I’m holding the fuel shut off on

So you are not getting 12 volts to either function.

Kubota diesel engine?

No not getting 12 volts to the solonoid
it is

#17 is a fuse and holder for the solenoid, is it good? See diagram below.

17 is good

Do you have 12 volts at the solenoid?