Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

How do i remove bad axel seal on my cub cadet xt1. I have…

Customer Question
How do i remove...

How do i remove bad axel seal on my cub cadet xt1. I have wheel off

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

First time

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Small Engine
5/30/2018
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 22 days ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

should be able to use a flat head screw driver and pull old seal out and then gently press the new seal in

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I got most of it out that way but ive really had to scrape at it almost like something else needs to be removed to get it all out

Is should come out, nothing should be holding it in .

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Its breaking into pieces, should I continue scraping it out?

yes, you will be fine scraping it out . all will have to come out to get the new one to seal properly

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
On this o ring there is an outter ring and an inner ring with a spring between the two.
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Its seeming near impossible to remove the old outter ring even scraping in the groove with a knife but needs to come out for new one to seat

what is the part number of the part you have to install, so I can get a visual of this part

should of all been one piece originally, but may have separated.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Tt-187t0134280

may need to use brake cleaner or something to soften it up.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Ok i will continue working at it

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do my BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR