Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Im trying to find a picture of how to hook up the PTO cable…

Customer Question
Im trying to find...

Im trying to find a picture of how to hook up the PTO cable for my Huskee LT4200

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About two days approx 16 hrs

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Im afraid of hooking it up wrong and I didnt disconnect it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

If you can show me where the PTO hooks up on my LT4200 Ill be very happy. Ive saved over 100 pics so far and none of them do it.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/30/2018
Technician: MowerDocMD, Small Engine Technician replied 2 months ago
MowerDocMD
MowerDocMD, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I am here to help you! Let me find what you need and I'll be right back.

Wow, you weren't kidding that the internet wasn't helpful today... Let's try something. I've got one here I can take a picture of installed if that will help. But which end are you fighting with. The big trick on the deck end is to slide the spring and cable under the belt and arm and then stand the spring up on it's hook. Then you can connect the spring and then put the cable into the catch.

The deck is conected and I need to hook up the PTO cable and Im not certain where it goes. And I need to figure out where this six inch spring goes. I didnt take this apart it is mine and I should have. Nonetheless, any help will be appreciated.
No call thanks.
Is the cable disconnected only from the deck or on both ends?