Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a 2012 LTX 1040 Cub Cadet. My son was mowing with it…

Customer Question
I have a 2012 LTX...
I have a 2012 LTX 1040 Cub Cadet. My son was mowing with it yesterday and shut it off to take a phone call. When he tried to restart, it would turn over but not fire. Replaced spark plug but no help. What is my next step? Thanks!
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Small Engine
5/30/2018
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Are you getting spark at the plug? If it has spark, is the fuel solenoid in the carburetor clicking open when the key is turned to start?

Will it fire if you put a teaspoon of fuel directly into the spark plug hole?

Tried that and will not fire
No

If it has spark and fuel to the cylinder, it should fire! Seems unlikely that a valve would be a problem, but remove the OHV cover and check the valves and pushrods.