Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a 2006 LT 1300 42" Sears lawn tractor 917.276813.

Customer Question
I have a 2006...

I have a 2006 LT 1300 42" Sears lawn tractor###-##-#### When I try to disengage the mower blades by dropping the mower blade lever, the blades still rotate. Any idea how to correct?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Joe

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I am planning on it. I am pretty handy.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/29/2018
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 2 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

OK. I will wait to hear back from you

Either the belt is too tight, or the blade brakes need to be replaced on the deck. also, vhrvk to make sure the tensioner pulley is loosening up all the way, as sometimes they will get stuck and need to be greased with WD40A and moved back and forth to loosen up

OK. I will try WD-40 on the tensioner pulley. Thank you

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do my BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR