Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

The problem I'm reading may already address my issue. Deere…

Customer Question
The problem I'm reading...

The problem I'm reading may already address my issue. John Deere 14SB Kawasaki engine on runs with the choke closed.

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?

1996 bought new. No but it was unused the last two seasons. I use stable in the fuel year round. I have: sprayed carb cleaner into the carb with the engine running-stalls and then revs back up. Added Sea Foam to the fuel-no change

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I was trying to list steps I've taken and hit return/enter. 1 Carb cleaner arerosol; 2 Sea Foam fuel additive 3 carb cleaner sprayed into fuel tank - problem starting afterward. 4 Added fresh fuel and Lucas injector cleaner to fuel.- started and let run for an hour but no change. Reading to this point suggests pilot jet and main jet needs to be removed and cleaned w/small wire.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Small Engine
5/29/2018
Technician: Wayne, Engine Rebuilder replied 2 months ago
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi , I'm Wayne.

I'll be assisting you with this issue today.

Yes you have plugged jets in the carb, don't waste you time with small wire

remove the carb, disassemble put all parts in a pot of hot water boil for 10-15 minutes

air dry and assemble

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible.

I hope that I have earned a 5-star rating

found at the top of the screen before you leave today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.​

Hi

Just following up with you

Did my answer help you ?

Morning

Do you need any more help with this ??

Hi

I took the time to answer your question

Please take the time to respond to me

Other experts see you do not respond

Does not look good for your future questions