Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Engine Surging and will not hold steady idle. Has not done…

Customer Question
Engine Surging and will...

Engine Surging and will not hold steady idle

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?

Has not done this in the past, age I believe to be 2014

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, I am a small engine mechanic but this one is stumping me.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Small Engine
Have set the Governor, installed a new Carburetor, checked choke and carb linkages(all working properly), Checked Key on Flywheel(OK, lined up), Adjusted valves(.005 In., .007 Exh.), New Plug, Fuel Pump working proper(Good Flow), Fuel Cap breather hole(Good), Don't know what is left other then a bad Governor?
5/29/2018
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Engine make and model? Single cylinder? Usually, it is a lack of fuel that causes the surging. Check tank line, and all the hoses and filter up to the fuel pump inlet.