Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a jd 345 pto clutch needed replaced bottom half came…

Customer Question
I have a jd...

I have a jd 345 pto clutch needed replaced bottom half came off the other on crank stuck wont come off

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

2 days

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Bottom half came off top half stuck on shaft tried puller sprayed with pb blaster

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Small Engine
5/28/2018
Technician: Donald, Small Engine Technician replied 2 months ago
Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

Did you get good leverage from your puller as you were attempting to pull your upper clutch half off?

The only thing that is preventing your upper clutch half from coming off is rust or corrosion. How long did you allow the PB Blaster to penetrate?

Couple hours

Heat will probably help, but the heat will likely cause your oil seal to leak. You may have to use a cut off tool to carefully cut off the remainder of your clutch.