Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

The bolt holding the electric clutch to the engine shaft…

Customer Question
The bolt holding the...

The bolt holding the electric clutch to the engine shaft will not tighten up. It will work loose as it runs

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?

10 yrs. old. I replaced the clutch last year.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if I can.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The bolt seems to thread into shaft ok without the clutch so I know the threads are good

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Small Engine
5/28/2018
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

New bolt, and thick flat washer and a lock washer on the bolt? Does the bolt get tight and pulley has no slack?

on all. It works loose as it runs
I got it tight this time, let me see if that works first. Thanks for your help.

OK>