Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My Lift master residential garage door opener goes down but…

Customer Question
My Lift master residential...

My Lift master residential garage door opener goes down but when it reaches the bottom or if you stop it any where before reaching the bottom, it goes back up. It had stopped working and I took a few wires off before I discovered it had popped the reset button.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

Chamberlain LiftMaster Professional Formula1. No, it hasn"t. I WD40ed the wheels and tracks and the garage door travels much easier.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Igt has an out door key code

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Small Engine
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Did I rewire it wrong? Or do I need to reset the codes?
5/28/2018
Technician: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 2 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Welcome to Just Answer, an expert advisory company. My name is ***** ***** I am here to help you with your inquiry today… my goal is to give you the best experience with Just Answer as possible and instill your confidence in us with a 5 star rating…..….since I am not there it can be that much more daunting a task….. so I will need your to help with any information that I may ask and that you can provide…. I do need this for a more complete picture in trying to resolving your issue ..…… uploading pictures will help so I may request them….…I ask for your patience and together I am confident we can get this done…….you will be getting an automated phone message request, you can accept if it is more comfortable for you or disregard it for now…….. I am going to review what you have given me so far....................... if you could please provide me with more information:

-- there are 2 safety sensors on the door by the bottom do they have 2 steady non flickering LED lights?

--did you rewire these?

--could you have put a staple through a wire?

Thanks

eddie

P.S.: just to let you know I have nothing to do with billing ……….customer service would accommodate you on that…….I can only receive any kind of monetary credit from an acceptance of my answer by you with a positive rating

I hope you have found my answers insightful, with content to your satisfaction and would consider a 5 star rating…….My goal is to give you the best experience with Just Answer as possible.… by your rating it would be the only way I can be compensated in facilitating your inquiry.........a membership subscription was made by you but no payment will be forthcoming unless I am rated…..positive feedback and bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated...... thank you

eddie

I trust this held substantial meaning for you ....got you out of your difficulty and would consider a 5 STAR rating so I can receive credit for my help. I'm proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you! If you do need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thanks

eddie