Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a Honda gx160 5.5 up engine on a pressure washer. The…

Customer Question
I have a Honda...

I have a Honda gx160 5.5 up engine on a pressure washer. The engine started up and ran but not well for a bit and then choked out. I tried to restart but the engine had seized. I took to rip chord plate off and manually could turn the drive shaft clockwise however every 1.5 revolutions or so I experience some resistance for .5 revolutions then it turns smoothly again. Have tried pulling rip chord to restart and it sounds as if there is something moving that shouldn't.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes, yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Small Engine
5/27/2018
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Remove the spark plug and use a probe to feel the piston, then turn engine slowly to see if the piston is moving.

I see the question is still open.??