Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a JD LA135 with a bad transmission. It will not move…

Customer Question
Hey buddy, I have a...
Hey buddy, I have a JD LA135 with a bad transmission. It will not move at all! The belt is turning the pulley on the transmission, but the mower is not moving. Transmission is shot, right? With that being the case, I have a L110 and a LT160. The transmission numbers are different, the "bad one" is a MIA10910, the L110 is a AM134125 and the LT160 is a AM130330.
Will they interchange? New price from JD is $750, used on E-Bay is $275. I could scrap one of mine and make some money!! But I need to know if they will interchange.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Small Engine
5/26/2018
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

The wrong series of transmissions, the original is a 40 series, the other two are 46 series. Not saying it won't work, but maybe too much trouble to adapt! No movement at all, brakes are not locked? Will it roll in freewheel?

Brakes are not locked, it will free wheel. We can push it around no problem.

If freewheel is engaged. does mower still push?

If it does, check your rear wheels, one wheel may be spinning on the axle!

Didn't check the wheels on the axle, but with the lever pushed in to operate or with the lever pulled, it rolls. I can see the lever move on the transmission.

Check the wheels, if either is spinning on the shaft, you loos drive and the transmission will not lock when freewheel is engaged.