Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a GENERAC Modeland it is giving me an "Error Message"

Customer Question
I have a GENERAC...

I have a GENERAC Model(###) ###-####and it is giving me an "Error Message" 2399. We have had work going on in our garage and yard, including electrical work, and it may be they caused some problem as they turned our house power and individual circuits on and off. Should I just turn off my GENERAC and then turn it back on to see if everything will work properly?

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?

About 3 years old.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, I have been doing the annual maintenance. But if this is more than just a flipped switch, I certainly will not try to get into the machine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The electrician who has been doing the other work just left for the day and will not be back until Tuesday. I can just secure the GENERAC until then if there is more to this than recycling the generator.

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Small Engine
5/27/2018
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 24 days ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

What is the serial number of the genset?'

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Your “just answer“ process failed big time. I have no idea to expect that you would reach me by message. But, the “just answer“ website transferred me to a page that insisted I signed up for a membership, and authorize monthly charges to my credit card. Clearly, they should have first allowed you to reach out to me so that I could judge whether or not this service would be valuable as a longer-term resource. Anyway, I immediately contacted my credit card number to protest the “just answer” chargers, and called the electrician who installed the Generac and he is coming by to get things going.
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 23 days ago
I am just a tech who answers technical questions.
For web issues, billing issues, or subscription issues, you need to contact Customer Service.
But the subscriptionnis an optional thing, it is not required.