Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

2518 model. PTO not engaging but will engage and stay

Customer Question
2518 model....

2518 model. PTO not engaging but will engage and stay engaged if parking break is depressed

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just started yesterday

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes. tractor runs fine. PTO cut out and would not stay engaged per above

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on scope

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Small Engine
5/27/2018
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 24 days ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Cub Cadet 2518? Check the seat switch and harness. And the brake interlock switch. Seems like there is a switch that is stuck in the wrong phase.