Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My lawn mower won't start. And engine oil as well. It was…

Customer Question
Hi. My lawn mower...

Hi. My lawn mower won't start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes. And engine oil as well. It was working ok before. But I stopped to empty the catch bag and went back to start it and it didn't.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I do

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It's new. First time using it.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Small Engine
5/26/2018
Technician: Donald, Small Engine Technician replied 2 months ago
Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

There is a safety switch that works with your catch bag. Check to see if your catch bag is properly aligned. Your catch bag has to be aligned in order to fully depress the button on your safety switch. We can continue from here. Thanks!