Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Have replaced the fuel pump on my ‘99 Deere gt275 and still…

Customer Question
Have replaced the fuel...

Have replaced the fuel pump on my ‘99 John Deere gt275 and still no gas passing through to carberator. Gas is getting to pump, but no suction/transfer through? And pressure from engine seems to be fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?

Original engine. And no. When spray starter fluid in carb does try and run, just can’t get gas to carb

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Trying to

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/25/2018
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 2 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

remove the line from the pump to the carb and see if fuel comes out.

Double check the connection of the new pump also

Fuel seems to get to pump, well at least to filter, which is new. But is not passing into pump then through pump out to hose to carb
Any ideas?

is this the black external fuel pump mounted to side

vacuum line good, no splits or cracks ?

Seem to be fine

only other thing it ould be is compression. you don't have the crankcase pressure or you have a collapsed fuel line. disconnect the line at the filter and see if fuel flows freely out