Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have an LTX 1040 Cub Cadet riding lawn mower.The PTO cable…

Customer Question
I have an LTX...

I have an LTX 1040 Cub Cadet riding lawn mower.The PTO cable has come off of the blade engage handle or lever and I can not see things inside.What are my options?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

The model is 3AX90AS056 and the machine only has 13.9 hours of use and is 7 years old

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If able, I plan to.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

If the "repair skill" is beyond me, I will need to hire a professional. What is your diagnosis of the situation?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Small Engine
5/2/2018
Technician: MowerDocMD, Small Engine Technician replied 2 months ago
MowerDocMD
MowerDocMD, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I am here to help you! The first thing to do is remove the battery and the battery box. This will give you a lot more visibility.