Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I am having trouble opening my garage door. about a week.

Customer Question
I am having trouble...

I am having trouble opening my garage door .

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About a week.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends one how complaicted it is. I have 2 garage doors. one works and one is having issues. I can open the one having issues if a keep pressing the button till it opens. but the car opener does not work

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can"t think of anything now. do not know if I can fix it or do I need a tecnician

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Small Engine
5/2/2018
Technician: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 2 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Welcome to Just Answer, an expert advisory company. My name is ***** ***** I am here to help you with your inquiry today… my goal is to give you the best experience with Just Answer as possible and instill your confidence in us with a 5 star rating…..….since I am not there it can be that much more daunting a task….. so I will need your to help with any information that I may ask and that you can provide…. I do need this for a more complete picture in trying to resolving your issue ..…… uploading pictures will help so I may request them….…I ask for your patience and together I am confident we can get this done…….you will be getting an automated phone message request, you can accept if it is more comfortable for you or disregard it for now…….. I am going to review what you have given me so far........ this is an initial assessment:

--on that one garage door make sure that the safety sensors are pointed at each other and have steady non-flickering lights ...green or amber

--after that needs to be done is you need to erase everything and then re program .....BUT .....reprogram one at a time...........please follow these instructions explicitly and in its sequence………

ERASE THE TRANSMITTERS:

hold down the LEARN buttons on both of the openers for 6 or 7 seconds….If you have a MY-Q device …immediately press and hold the LEARN button again until the learn LED goes out. All codes are now erased.

HARD RESET:

unplug both openers......remove all batteries from the transmitters including the key less'.....and if you have opener battery back-up.....there is no battery in the wall transmitter…..plug back in ONE of the openers and replace the batteries for the one you’re working on…….. which should be fresh……….. test the wall transmitter

Do you know how to re program the transmitters? If not contact me again........hold them with-in 16 inches of the opener when you do…....except for the built-in car remote of course......... and check each remote after programming each

then go to the other opener plug it back in ........replace the batteries........ reprogram and test each the same way

Please let me know

Thanks

eddie

Post Script: keep in mind I have nothing to do with billing ……….customer service would accommodate you on that…….I can only receive any kind of monetary credit from an acceptance of my answer by you with a positive rating