Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Sport 42" The starter will spin but will not engage the

Customer Question
Quot;hustler sport 42" The...

Quot;hustler sport 42" The starter will spin but will not engage the flywheel. I have checked gray switches on the steering levers, seat switch and installed a new pull to operate switch, but still just get a spinning starter. What should I check next. Yes I have a fully charged battary. Thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Three days only

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I can't think of any other information

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Small Engine
4/4/2018
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 3 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be more than happy to solve this problem with you today.
From what you have stated if the starter will spin but it is not rising up to engage the flywheel the issue is the starter and the starter either needs to be rebuilt or replaced
Other forms say it is in some safety switch which I have tested. I will try this and get back to you.

i​f it were a safety switch, the starter will not make a sound. you will get nothing as no current will pass to the starter even

I will try it tomorrow. Thanks
Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you.
Please remember to rate me as I strive to do my best and your rating helps me to achieve this

i see question is still open and unrated. Please Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you.