Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a Husqvarna blower that will not fully prime. If

Customer Question
Hi. I have...

Hi. I have a Husqvarna blower that will not fully prime. If moved off of full choke, the engine will die. I noted that the priming bubble will not create a suction. It pushes fuel from the tank into the carburetor but there appears to be an air leak within the carburetor. So, I've now removed the fuel lines from the carburetor and removed the carburetor from the blower. How would you recommend I proceed from here? Should I disassemble the carburetor, clean, and reassemble as I would if I felt the problem were related to a dirty fuel system? This seems more like an air leak or faulty gasket.

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?

One year old. Recently used with no issues. No problems in the past.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What I provided in my introductory message should be sufficient.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Small Engine
4/4/2018
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 3 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be more than happy to assist you today.
From everything that you have stated it does sound like you have a carburetor issue it most likely needs to be cleaned and rebuilt however a brand new carburetor can be purchased for under $30 is at most places or online. I would recommend replace the carburetor or clean and rebuild the old one

i see question is still open and unrated. Please Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you.
Please remember to rate me as I strive to do my best and your rating helps me to achieve this