Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Years ago I bought a new 18" Poulan, gas powered 40cc

Customer Question
Years ago I bought...

Years ago I bought a new 18" Poulan, gas powered 40cc chainsaw model P4018 and then promptly stored it without any gas or oil and started using battery powered chainsaws.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

(I was not done writing) Anyway, recently I mixed up some fuel and put it into the chainsaw along with some oil. I carefully followed the instructions but could not get it to start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

What work are you referring to?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Small Engine
4/3/2018
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 3 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

carb has a clogged fuel jet from sitting. draining all the fuel still leaves fuel in the carb and this will gum up over time from sitting.

clean and rebuild carb or replace the carb and you should be back to operational status

i see question is still open and unrated. Please Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you.
Please remember to rate me as I strive to do my best and your rating helps me to achieve this