Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Curtis; I have a & S 2550 psi power washer Model 020306-4…

Customer Question
I have a B...

I have a B & S 2550 psi power washer Model 020306-4 with an engine Ref No. 900. My engine fails to start on a consistent basis. If it doesn't start on the first pull it is not likely to start on subsequent pulls on the power cord. I think it may be the carburetor that is gummed up but if it is I don't have a detailed manual that will show me how to take it apart. Any advice? Can you help? Thanks. William

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

I don't know. I will have to check. Do you have an expanded engine diagram that you can send me so that I can refer to it. My e-mail address is***@******.***. During the season when I am using it the fuel is fresh but it probably needs fuel stabilizer added to it after it has been sitting all winter. Do I need to have the hose connected and the water turned on along with the pressure washer hose connected and power washer gun with trigger pulled?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 16 days ago.Category: Small Engine
4/3/2018
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 16 days ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Here is a diagram showing the carburetor for the 900 series. Try draining the carburetor bowl, to see if it may have water in it, before going into the carburetor.

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
OK
Customer reply replied 16 days ago
I don't want to talk on the phone. The chat method on-line is fine by me.

OK with me, did you see the two links I sent?

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
No I didn't see the two links. Please embed them in your chat answer.
Customer reply replied 16 days ago
I have viewed the links you sent and that material, especially the second link is helpful but when i click on the other buttons in either page, like the Carburetor Diagram it leads me to a promotional ad for a Club Cadet riding lawn mower. This is not helpful. I would like the carburetor diagram and the How to Repair information along with information about how to clean the shut-off value which I presume is connected to a tube which is connected to the fuel supply reservoir.

Link goes directly to the carburetor site, did you just scroll down when you got to site?

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
Hi Curtis - I scrolled down on the web-pages associated with the links which provided instructions and photos of how to disassemble the carburetor. The second link was the better of the two. Unfortunately the button links for the Carburetor Diagram and the How to Repair link button went directly to a promotional ad for a Cub Cadet riding lawn mower. I would appreciate getting reliable links for the B&S Carburetor Diagram and the How to Repair article, as well as instructions on how to clean the the fuel shut-off valve. Thank you.

LInk works fine when I click on it!

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician