Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a 94 ez go. New batteries, solenoid clicks, runs good…

Customer Question
I have a 94...
I have a 94 ez go. New batteries, solenoid clicks, runs good for a bit then quits.. Depress the pedal a few times, sometimes goes again.. Replaced potentiometer and solenoid, still does the same thing.. Can the f/r switch cause this? Joe
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Small Engine
4/1/2018
Technician: Wayne, Engine Rebuilder replied 3 months ago
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi Joe

I’m Wayne.

I will be assisting you with this issue today.

what you are describing is the forward/reverse controller

the terminals for the contact is worn and or burn marks

you will need to replace that

I hope this helps you

Happy Easter

My goal is to give you the best experience possible.

I hope that I have earned a 5-star rating

Found at the top of the screen before you leave today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.​

I know a little about these, but more of a part changer.. I'll try the f/r control..

Hi Joe

Thank you for the response

Yes you will find that is your issue

Please remember to rate my answer 5-stars

So I get the credit for the question

OK, put a new f/r control in.. Worked like a champ... Shut it off, played cornhole for a couple hours.. Won't go.. Batteries full , new solenoid, new potetionometer, new complete f/r control, still clicks at the solenoid... Won't go.. Any ideas.. I'm stumped.. And new brushes in the motor
. all new wires... Help
.
..
Its in mint condition.. Not. Sure I want to spend any more on it

Morning Joe

Next is to remove all grounds and sand paper clean

terminals and where they connect to

Good morning Wayne, cleaned and sanded the grounds.. Still wouldn't move, still click at the solenoid when I pressed the pedal.. Pushed the pedal a few more times, like 10, then moved again.. Still doing what it did before I replaced all the other parts.. Working right now, I know its going to quit again.. Any other suggestions?

Hi Joe

the only thing it can be is a poor contact

reason being all the parts that were replaced that would cause that

next thing to test is the F/N/R microswitch

here is a wiring diagram of it click here

Morning

Just following up with you

Did my answer help you ??