Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

4 wheeler was running fine, when I tried to turn it off it…

Customer Question
4 wheeler was running...

4 wheeler was running fine, when I tried to turn it off it keep running, sounding like it was trying to start

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes it finally stopped but it won't start now

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Going to try

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I tried to charge the battery and cables got hot fast

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Small Engine
4/1/2018
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Make and model? Does starter turn the engine? Not dying is a sign of overheat and is caused by cylinder being so hot it runs off the heat of the cylinder, like a diesel. Battery cables getting hot while charging? Unhook cable to see if you have a voltage draw, the starter solenoid may be stuck.

4WHEELER IS A YAMAHA(###) ###-####MODEL. NO STARTER DOES NOTHING RIGHT NOW

Will engine turn, or can the engine be seized?

Not sure will check tommorrow

Is the starter solenoid clicking when you engage start? If it is the engine may be seized, and starter can't turn it.