Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Another question on my craftsman tiller model 917293480. I…

Customer Question
another question on my craftsman...
another question on my craftsman tiller model###-##-#### I had you help me get a new carb and I have got it ready to go on but I am having trouble with the throttle. when I give it gas (1st picture with W/O in it) it does not move that throttle linkage. When I pull the gas lever back to shut it down, it does not move the throttle linkage again(2nd picture with SHUT in it). I have it all hooked back up as it was but that does not mean its right. I found that the original throttle linkage was on backward, I had taken it for repair some time ago and it has never worked right since. I think you can see I have the throttle cable hooked up and secured. can you tell what is wrong here? thank you
Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Small Engine
3/31/2018
Technician: Wayne, Engine Rebuilder replied 26 days ago
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi Dave

I'm Wayne

I suggest to moving that linkage rod to the outside hole on the carb

and moving the spring in the multi holes on gov rod

something does not look correct

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
There is no outside hole on a carburetor there's only one hole the linkage rod goes into in the other hole is for the spring

Hi Dave

OK, I see that now,

with unit off, the spring should hold the throttle wide open

is that how it is set ?/

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I also tried moving the spring on the multi hole peace and it didn't seem to help almost seems like it's missing a spring but that's how it was when I opened it

Hi

This was a brigg engine, correct, what was the horsepower

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Wayne I'm going to send you a a response from the original question it's got everything about the tiller in the motor pictures and all

Hi

Good Idea, I work on maybe 8-12 a day

get them mixed up

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Wayne I have all 3 springs one on the carb linkage, it runs under the housing, the paperclip looking one which is adjustable and connects to governor arm, and the and the short stubby one. what it is not doing is moving the carberator linkage to move the throttle on teh carb when I push the throttle lever on or off.

Thank you for that

As mentioned before the carb needs to be full throttle

engine off, move springs around until you get that

must be in full throttle

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician