Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a ECHO PB251 Leaf Blower. Lines to the was bad and so…

Customer Question
I have a ECHO PB251...
I have a ECHO PB251 Leaf Blower. Lines to the Carburetor was bad and so was the carburetor itself so I replaced all lines and filters plus the Carburetor. It will start but will not go up to RPM unless the chock is played with. I removed the muffler and ran it and still did the same
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Small Engine
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
3/31/2018
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 month ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Have you tried to turn the high-speed screw on the new carburetor? Not unusual to have t adjust a new carburetor.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
where is the high speed screw on this carburetor.

It should have two screws for adjustment, it may not! One would be the low speed and the other high speed. The left screw is high speed. It may take a special tool to turn the screws.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I should point out that when it starts I can not have the choke all the way open. it is about on 1/4 way down to keep it running and the RPM is good
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have tried the screws it takes a very little screw driver and no difference with the choke
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have tried the screws it takes a very little screw driver and no difference with the choke there is one on top and one on the side and I tried both

With you having to use the choke, the fuel mixture is too lean, and the choke is giving it more fuel and less air.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok how do i remedy it this is the second carburetor I have tried and they both act the same

Could the fuel line to the carburetor be restricted?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it has new fuel lines on when I put on the Carburetor
[po

Hoses pull through the tank wall? Are the fuel lines letting a good supply of fuel through them?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the bulb is full of gas I just had it running with choke open adjusting top screw but got have way down the driveway and just quit

OK. I will opt out and see if anyone else has any ideas to throw out. Sorry.

Technician: Vince O., Small Engine Technician replied 1 month ago
Vince O.
Vince O., Small Engine Technician

H​ello, the small screw on top near the throttle just raises and lowers the idle speed..Are the fuel lines connected properly?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
changed them to ck and still does the same choke has to be played with and when I find the correct spot its almost up

Did you drain and clean tank and replace everything at once? Is the fuel filter on correct hose?

Carb adapter tight, no cracks and gaskets good?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
new gaskets

D​id you replace fuel lines, filter and carb all at same time? sounds like a fuel/carb problem or an air leak. Does it spit or sputter or run erratic?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok been working on it. Have it running with choke open. But know I can't idl it I've tried the top and side screw

try turning the top screw in

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did no go
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Still no low idl know

I'm sorry but I must opt out. I'm out of suggestions and not seeing or hearing for myself makes it harder

Vince O.
Vince O.
Vince O., Small Engine Technician