Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a Toro mower, and it starts, but, it is not running…

Customer Question
Hi. I have a...

Hi. I have a Toro mower, and it starts, but, it is not running at full speed. There is white smoke coming out of the what I think is the filter. What should I do?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Fuel is in the tank.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nada

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Small Engine
3/31/2018
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

White smoke? Not coming from the exhaust? Is the oil level ok, or overfull and thinned from gas in the oil?

The oil level is good. I am not sure about the thinning part, though.

If the oil is thinned with gas, it will blow out the exhaust and foul the spark plug, causing power loss and white smoke.

I will check it out. Thanks!

OK>