Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a bad boy buggy. We changed the batteries, and show a…

Customer Question
I have a bad...

I have a bad boy buggy. We changed the batteries, and show a voltage reading, however, the buggy will not move.

Mechanic's Assistant: The Expert will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Expert can help you best.

And It clicks when we turn the key to the on position.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Expert should know?

It has 8, 6 volt batteries, and extra wiring for the headlights, wench, and a few small wires that were already on there. We are not sure where they go.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Small Engine
3/31/2018
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

The main positive battery cable goes directly to the main solenoid. Do you have 48 volts to this solenoid? This is the solenoid that the foot switch has to close. Is this where the click is coming from?

Ok, take a jumper across the solenoid and see if the buggy will run. If it does, replace the solenoid.