Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I own an antique Gibson garden tractor with an old &S

Customer Question
I own an antique...

I own an antique Gibson garden tractor with an old B&S horizontal shaft motor #203015 286546 I would like to know the spec's on this motor and which currently available new B&S motor I should use to replace it. The motor needs to have speed control and a governor.

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

I have owned this tractor for decades.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, I can install a new motor.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The shaft size is 1 inch and has a four v belt pulley an the shaft.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Small Engine
3/30/2018
Technician: Wayne, Engine Rebuilder replied 3 months ago
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi, I’m Wayne.

I will be assisting you with this issue today.

I will see what I can find on this for you

Hi

Can you check that number again 203015 is coming up as a clip

That is correct. This is an old motor. I would think about 12 to 15 HP.

Hi

I can match up an engine

but I need the crankshaft size for the pulley

mounts you may need to drill a new hole or 2

The shaft size that the 4 belt pulley attaches to is 1 inch in diameter and about three to 4 inches long..

Hi

Let me look that up for you

Hi

Here is your engine click here

Manual throttle,

shaft 1"x 3 21/32

420 cc

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible.

I hope that I have earned a 5-star rating

Found at the top of the screen before you leave today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.​

Morning

Just following up with you

Did my answer help you

Happy Easter

Morning

I took the time to answer your question and spent the time looking

up the info for you

Please take the time to respond to me