Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Oman 6.5 LP with 1700 hours runs great for 20 minutes then…

Customer Question
Oman 6.5 LP with...

Oman 6.5 LP with 1700 hours runs great for 20 minutes then pops and backfires 6 or 7 times and cuts off. Code 33 came up then code 36. It won't start and pops back thru the carb. No other codes present.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes it has 2 separate lp tanks and it has a water separator in the line. Plenty of fuel at the cutoff solenoid

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Its propane fuel

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

In a service tech and customer has complained before. We just now got it to act up

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Small Engine
3/31/2018
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 3 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

What is the full model number of the genset?

Is it set up for vapor withdrawal, or liquid withdrawal?