Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Why in my control board ticking on my standby generac

Customer Question
Why in my control...

Why in my control board ticking on my standby generac generator

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Akw gaurdian

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Small Engine
3/30/2018
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 3 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

What are the model and serial numbers of the genset?

Can you please explain the issue in more detail?

Is this a quiet ticking, loud ticking?

Does it do it all the time? Only in the OFF position? Only in the AUTO position? Only in the MANUAL position?

Does the unit start and run at all?

The more detail you can provide, the easier it will be to help you.

It's a 8kw the model number is(###) ###-####controller numder is OH6680D it started this one night after a storm i got home and checked it and it was ticking even when i disconnected the battery it still ticked so i disconnected the controller pleas help
Did you get the information my wife sent it earlier that's why im resending it and no i don't want to call
Why haven't I got a answer yet

I still need the serial number.

Can you explain the ticking better?

The serial number is(###) ###-####

If the control board is making a ticking sound, the control board is bad, and will need to be replaced.

Ok thanks
Thanks but the board is ticking without the battery hooked up now what

The board is still getting power through the battery charger.

Thank you for using Just Answer, and please take a moment to rate my assistance.