Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I am following your instruction on the Onan Microlite 4000…

Customer Question
I am following your...

I am following your instruction on the Onan Microlite 4000 KY blowing the 5 amp fuse when starting the gen. With these instructions, I have isolated the "I" as the problem. I think this means that a new starter solenoid is needed . What say you?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Fuel is clean and the generator has been dropped out of the rv for assess

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Only that I followed the chat instructions supplied by Hank F. Quite successfully I must say

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Small Engine
3/30/2018
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 3 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

What is the full model number of the genset?

When you say you have isolated the problem to the "I" terminal, what exactly do you mean? How did you arrive at that conclusion?